Support Groups are organised and hosted by some wonderful volunteers. Our Support Team Members do attend these groups when they are able but will not always be present.
For information about the support group in your area please contact your Support Team Member.
MND Support Groups
Support Groups are currently being held in the following locations:
• Christchurch – held monthly. Contact Hefina Malone on 027 292 8581
• Lower Hutt – held monthly. Contact Moira Young on 021 027 84494
• Palmerston North – held monthly. Contact Moira Young on 021 027 84494
• Whanganui – held every second month. Contact Moira Young on 021 027 84494
• Hawkes Bay –held every second month. Contact Jane Kay on 029 777 5588
• Taranaki –held monthly (currently on hold). Contact Megan Te Boekhorst on 029 773 6662.
• Bay of Plenty – held every month. Contact Jane Kay on 029 777 5588
• Nelson/Tasman - this is a new group, held monthly. Contact Hefina Malone on 027 292 8581.
Disclaimer: MND Support Groups are community led initiatives designed to provide a forum for people with MND to gather and support each other.
While MND New Zealand team members may sometimes attend meetings, Support Groups are not managed or run by MND New Zealand.
Additionally, there are various online and social media MND support groups which are run by individuals and are not associated with MND New Zealand. To be kept up to date on MND New Zealand’s official social media accounts follow us on Facebook and Instagram.