Support Groups are organised and hosted by some wonderful volunteers. Our Support Team Members do attend these groups when they are able but will not always be present.
For information about the support group in your area please contact your Support Team Member.
18 March 2020 – Due to the current situation with COVID-19 MND New Zealand recommend that all face-to-face support group meetings be postponed until further notice. We recommend the use of video conferencing for meetings where possible. For further updates on the support groups listed below, please contact the appropriate Support Team Member.
MND Support Groups
Support Groups are currently being held in the following locations:
• Invercargill – held monthly. Contact Kate Moulson on 029 777 9944.
• Christchurch – held every second month. Contact Elise Doyer on 027 292 8581
• Lower Hutt – held monthly. Contact Moira Young on 021 027 84494
• Palmerston North – held monthly. Contact Moira Young on 021 027 84494
• Whanganui – held every second month. Contact Moira Young on 021 027 84494
• Hawkes Bay –held every second month. Contact Jane Kay on 029 777 5588
• Taranaki –held monthly. Contact Carol Matthews on 029 773 6662
• Bay of Plenty – held every month. Contact Jane Kay on 029 777 5588
Disclaimer: MND Support Groups are community led initiatives designed to provide a forum for people with MND to gather and support each other.
While MND New Zealand team members may sometimes attend meetings, Support Groups are not managed or run by MND New Zealand.